Fast, Expert Air Conditioning Repair & Service
When it comes to your air conditioner turn to Air One for quality air conditioning repairs and service. From repairs and maintenance to upgrades and conversions, Air One is your local heating and cooling expert. When your air conditioning breaks down, you need the dependable help of experts who can fix it right away. A local Albuquerque Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning company. Air One is the fastest response in town and is your #1 resource for air conditioning repairs in Albuquerque New Mexico.
AC Repairs for All Makes & Models:
Because Air One offers in-house continuing education, Air One’s experienced HVAC technicians are qualified to perform AC repairs on any brand or type of air conditioner. Air One provides continuing education for all of our technicians to ensure they stay up-to-date with the latest technology to ensure you get the best service including these types of air conditioners:
Common Air Conditioner Problems
Below are some common AC repairs we see a lot this time of year. If you’re experiencing any of these problems see our troubleshooting tips below or call Air One we’re always here for you.
Troubleshooting Your Air Conditioner
Below are some tips to troubleshoot common air conditioner problems before calling a professional HVAC technician. Air One does not recommend attempting to do any additional troubleshooting beyond the tips mentioned below. Because air conditioners utilize refrigerant they have to be repaired by a qualified HVAC technician or repairman. If you do not feel comfortable doing any of these below please contact a professional for service.
Is air coming out of your vents in your home? If so, see steps below if not, skip to the next section.
- Check your thermostat – Make sure your thermostat is set to auto not just “on”. When it is in the on position it will continue to blow air even if it is not being cooled.
- Check your air filter – A dirty clogged filter can decrease the cooling effectiveness. If your air filter is dirty, replace the filter. You may need to replace your filter more frequently if you have a lot of dust or pet dander in your home.
- Check your outdoor unit – Is your outdoor condenser surrounded by grass, shrubs or weeds? Clean up around the unit and keep it free of debris. If you notice that the fan isn’t running then its time to call a professional.
If you try all these steps and your air conditioner is still blowing hot air, it is time to call an HVAC expert to repair the air conditioner.
If there is no air coming out of your vents follow these steps below to troubleshoot your air conditioner. However, if you don’t feel comfortable doing any of these tips please contact a professional licensed HVAC contractor.
- Check your thermostat – Make sure the temperature is set 5 degrees lower than the room temperature for the air conditioner to turn on. If it doesn’t kick on, proceed to the next steps.
- Make sure your thermostat is set to cool – This sounds like a no-brainer but you never know if a family member may accidentally turn it off or to heat.
- Check your air filter – A dirty, clogged filter can block normal airflow and reduce your cooling output or block completely. Check and change your filter if necessary. Remember that if you have a lot of dust or pet dander you may need to change your filter frequently throughout the summer to prevent airflow problems.
- Check your air conditioner power – Make sure you have power to your unit. There are 3 places you’ll need to check the power source:
- Check the switches at the outdoor air compressor.
- Check the power switch by the indoor air handler, typically by your furnace.
- Check your breaker.
If any of the switches are in the Off Position you may have a problem with your air conditioner and its time to call a professional to solve the problem.
If you have any trouble locating any of the switches described above, please ask one of our professionals for help.